Back to Business Resources
Marathon County Microbusiness Grant
Businesses must be based in Marathon County, Wisconsin – Outside of the City of Wausau, Wisconsin and suffered financial losses as a result of circumstances stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic may now apply for the Marathon County, WI. $5,000.00 microbusiness grant to restart and/or maintain operations from loss of revenue and additional expenses due to COVID-19. Learn more and apply.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
This loan provides economic relief to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue.
Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Other Funding Programs and Resources:
- Small Business Grants COVID-19 Relief: Where to Find Free Money in 2020. Nav is a company committed to bringing small business owners objective, actionable content for free. It regularly works with the U.S. Small Business Administration and local Small Business Development Centers to host educational presentations, webinars and more.
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant – Emergency assistance for eligible venues affected by the COVID pandemic.
- Kiva US Business Small Loans – KIVA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that aims to expand access to capital for small businesses. Kiva is offering 0% interest loans of up to $15,000 with grace periods of 1-6 months.
- Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC) – is focused on existing businesses looking for business financing during COVID-19. Business owners have two options to pick from depending on their needs: a line of credit or a term loan.
- Venturize – As developments continue to unfold in response to the spread of COVID-19, we know many small businesses have questions about implications in the workplace and funding options to help bolster their businesses during this difficult time. We are compiling relevant tips and resources and information on new funding opportunities, how to get your business online and how to manage your employees.