Starting a Business
The Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the City of Marshfield encourage and support Entrepreneurship. Our goal is to provide mentoring and guidance to those interested in purchasing an existing business or starting one from the ground up. We offer assistance in:
- Developing a business plan
- Finding the perfect location
- Accessing grant and loan programs
- Connecting you to local, state and federal resources
- Navigating licensing, permits, etc.
We are a partner with Central Wisconsin SCORE, a division of the Small Business Administration, which offers free and confidential mentoring to existing or start-up businesses.
To request an appointment or to further discuss your ideas, email or call Karen Olson, MACCI Business Development Director and SCORE member, 715-384-3454.
Below is a list of organizations that can also be of assistance and have great information to guide you along your journey to business ownership.
- Tools for Business Success: is a link that provides access to free information and tools for businesses in one location. Along with MACCI, the Marshfield Economic Development Board supported this resource.
- The Ultimate Guide to a Business Plan: Information regarding how to write a business plan step by step
- Small Business Administration: The official website for the U.S. Small Business Administration, dedicated to providing support to small businesses across the nation. Small Business Resources Guide
- The Entrepreneur’s Toolkit is designed to give innovators a guide to resources available in Wisconsin and beyond.
- Centergy, Inc., the Central WI Alliance for Economic Development, is a nonprofit organization created to attract and retain thriving businesses and a high-quality workforce, to foster entrepreneurial activity, and to inspire continuous improvement in our quality of life. Centergy Resource Guide.
- SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. We have been doing this for nearly fifty years. Because our work is supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and thanks to our network of 11,000+ volunteers, we are able to deliver our services at no charge or at very low cost.
- Small Business Development Center, Stevens Point: One of 12 in Wisconsin, the UW-Stevens Point Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offers no cost, confidential advising and resources as well as fee-based workshops, conferences and trade area mapping to both startup and existing businesses throughout nine counties – Adams, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Portage, Vilas, Waupaca and Wood.