WisDOT: Bridge maintenance scheduledposted on August 16, 2021
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
North Central Region
510 Hanson Lake Road, Rhinelander, WI 54501 Phone: (715) 365-3490
1681 Second Ave. South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495 Phone: (715) 421-8302
For immediate release
For more information, contact:
Tegan Griffith, North Central Region Communication Manager
Tegan.Griffith@dot.wi.gov (715) 493-3710
Bridge maintenance scheduled this week in Marathon, Lincoln Counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region has scheduled the following bridge maintenance activities. All work and closures are weather dependent and subject to change. Motorists are advised to use caution and remain alert when driving through any work zone.
US 51 northbound over Little Pine Creek and Wisconsin River/Kings Road
Lincoln County Highway Department will be working on bridge approaches on Wednesday, August 18. Motorists will encounter single, daytime lane closures between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Marathon County Highway Department will be working on bridge approaches at the following locations:
- WIS 29
eastbound and westbound bridges over Big Eau Pleine River
- Motorists will encounter single, daytime lane closures on Tuesday, August 17 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- US 51
northbound bridge over County N
- Motorists will encounter a left lane closure on Thursday, August 19 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- WIS 29
westbound under County Y
- Motorists will encounter a right shoulder closure on Thursday, August 19 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in Wisconsin’s North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter: @WisDOTNorthCent
- Bookmark the North Central Region Construction Website: projects.511wi.gov/north-central/
- Check the Wisconsin Department of Transportation 511 website: www.511wi.gov
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.