Wisconsin Department of Transportationposted on November 8, 2021
North Central Region
510 Hanson Lake Road, Rhinelander, WI 54501 Phone: (715) 365-3490
1681 Second Ave. South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495 Phone: (715) 421-8301
Release Date: November 8, 2021
For more information:
Tegan Griffith, North Central Region Communication Manager
Tegan.Griffith@dot.wi.gov (715) 493-3710
During the week of November 8:
Christena O’Brien, Northwest Region Communication Manager
Christena.Obrien@dot.wi.gov (715) 828-9471
Public input sought on WIS 80 project in Wood County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public input on proposed improvements to WIS 80 from Poplar Street through the WIS 73/County A intersection in Pittsville, Wood County. Construction is currently scheduled for 2024.
Proposed improvements include:
- Modifying the WIS 73/WIS 80 intersection from a two-way stop to a four-way stop intersection
- Removing and replacing asphalt from Poplar Street to WIS 73
- Restoring roadway drainage inlets
- Replacing sidewalk ramps to meet Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
Roadway closures at the intersection will be necessary to complete the WIS 73/WIS 80 intersection modifications.
- WIS 73 will remain open to traffic during construction.
- WIS 80 will be closed for approximately four weeks utilizing a detour of WIS 54 and WIS 73.
- WIS 80 will remain open to local traffic while construction is occurring in the city of Pittsville. Motorists can expect single-lane closures with the use of flaggers. Short duration, temporary driveway closures may be necessary.
- The County A intersection will be closed throughout construction. A detour is not currently proposed.
Additional right of way will be required for this project. WisDOT expects to begin real estate acquisition in the spring of 2022. Landowner rights information and a map of preliminary real estate impacts is available on the project website.
How to provide input:
The public is invited to review the project website and provide input through Friday, December 3, 2021.
- Residents, property owners, and businesses in the area have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be sent back to WisDOT.
- Submit comments using the online comment form on the project website.
- Questions and comments can be directed to WisDOT Project Manager Mark Steidl at (715) 459-6105, by email at Mark.Steidl@dot.wi.gov, or in writing to WisDOT North Central Region, 1681 Second Avenue South, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54495.
Deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled persons should contact the Wisconsin Relay Service by dialing 711.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s North Central region: