Medical services provide 38% of Marshfield’s industrial employment. Top-notch specialists, state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, combined with the largest private medical research institution in Wisconsin have brought Marshfield national recognition.
Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) was incorporated in October 2012 and implemented in 2014. Its Board of Directors is comprised of 13 independent members and 11 physician members of Marshfield Clinic’s Board of Directors.
Marshfield Clinic has more than 50 locations in Wisconsin. The Clinic serves patients through accessible, high quality health care, research and education with 700 physicians in 86 specialties and 6,800 employees.
Marshfield Medical Center is the flagship hospital for MCHS, Marshfield Medical Center cares for patients from throughout central, northern and western Wisconsin. The hospital offers primary, secondary, tertiary and Level II Trauma Center hospital services provided by Marshfield Clinic specialists.
Hospital services include:
- Nearly 40 specialties including cancer, heart and orthopedics care.
- A 24-bed Children’s Hospital equipped with the latest technology and highly-trained hospitalists and nurses providing nearly 30 pediatric specialty services, including child abuse-neglect, gastroenterology, pediatric intensive care, neonatology and surgery.
- Access to a Level II Trauma Center, using 24-hour availability of anesthesiologists, dedicated medical equipment, operating room facilities, physician specialists, surgeons and trauma nurses.
Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Inc. is part of MCHS and helps its 220,000 members in Wisconsin and beyond reach their best health. Accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Security Health Plan offers health insurance coverage for employees of large and small businesses, individuals and families. Security Administrative Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Security Health Plan, provides full service third party administration for self-funded employers in Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan.
Marshfield Clinic Research Institute (MCRI) was founded in 1959 and MCRI has six research centers:
- Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Population Health
- Biomedical Informatics Research Center
- Center for Human Genetics
- Clinical Research Center
- National Farm Medicine Center
- Center for Oral and Systemic Health
- MCRI provides a full range of research, administration and support services through its offices of Scientific Writing and Publication, Sponsored Programs, Fiscal Affairs, Integrated Research and Development Laboratory and Research Integrity and Protections. It maintains an Institutional Review Board which is responsible for protecting human research participants. MCRI publishes Clinical Medicine and Research, a professional medical journal. MCRI and Marshfield Clinic are involved in more than 800 research projects, the scope of which includes agriculture-related safety and health, veterinary research, oncology, infectious disease vaccine safety, genetic basis for disease and drug interactions, treatment-based outcomes studies, developing models for studying disease /processes, pediatric health and safety and health services research.
Marshfield Labs is one of the largest full-service private practice laboratory systems in the nation. Marshfield Labs performs about 4 million tests annually. Marshfield Labs is unique because it is a reference lab for both human testing and veterinary testing. The Lab has a strong commitment to providing quality education for Histotechnician (associate’s degree) and Medical Lab Scientist (bachelor’s degree) programs. Marshfield Labs is affiliated with accredited colleges and universities to also provide practical training for students in Phlebotomy Technician (diploma), Medical Lab Technician (associate’s degree) and Clinical Microbiologist (master’s degree) programs.
Flambeau Hospital, Park Falls is jointly sponsored by Marshfield Clinic and Ascension. This critical access hospital is licensed for 25 beds, and provides 24-hour care for inpatient and outpatient services, emergency ambulance services and home health and hospice.
Lakeview Medical Center, Rice Lake, was integrated with Marshfield Clinic in 2008. Lakeview Medical Center is a 40-bed community hospital serving northwest Wisconsin.
Healthy Lifestyles – Marshfield Area Coalition is a grassroots movement working to address healthy eating and active living in and around Marshfield, Wisconsin.
Other healthcare providers include:
Nursing & Rehab Centers: 3 (370+ beds)