Marshfield Area Career Exploration Retreat brings together businesses and future workforceposted on March 15, 2017
The goal of the Marshfield Area Career Exploration Retreat is to bring together area businesses and college age students for a fun, hands-on, and mutually beneficial experience. The focus is on building relationships, sharing knowledge, and showcasing the various opportunities found right in the Marshfield area community.
- Event Logistics:
- Thursday, April 27, 2017
- 8:00am till 9:00pm
- Holiday Inn & Conference Center, Marshfield
- Cost to students is $40 – value of event is over $100
- Event Activities:
- Sessions covering various topics:
- Harnessing your inner entrepreneurial spirit
- Adulting: transitioning from student to professional
- Dealing with conflict in the business setting
- HR 101 – what all employees need to know
- How to be a leader in your first position
- How do you connect to your community
- KEYNOTE: Finding meaning – how do you measure the value in your work
- Business expo:
- 20 area businesses will have booths allowing participants to network and make connections, learn about area businesses, and find out more about job opportunities.
- Business and community tours:
- Each participant will have the opportunity to tour 2 area businesses. Students will be paired up with the businesses that have positions that match up with their major or area of focus.
- Business tours will showcase the facilities and also several positions within the company.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to see much of the Marshfield area with a guided tour led by the Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Evening social:
- Participants will be able to network with area business professionals including many from the Marshfield Young Professionals group and includes heavy hors d’oeuvres. During this social prizes will be given out from the business expo.
- VOX Concert:
- Participants will have the option of attending a VOX concert. The featured performer is Meiko, an American singer/songwriter who currently resides in Nashville, TN.
- Sessions covering various topics:
- Event Value:
- Professional speakers
- Meals including continental, lunch buffet, heavy hors d’oeuvres dinner
- Shuttles to offsite activities
- Business directory
- Personal development – attend sessions led by local business professionals with relevant experience.
- Professional networking – network with young professionals and business leaders from the Marshfield area as well as students from other schools. Leave the event with a list of business contacts that can be used when you are doing job searching.
- Career knowledge – gain an understanding of the types of businesses that employ individuals with your degree or emphasis. Experience firsthand the culture of various companies.
- School credit – many school programs require students to participate in events and this program may meet those requirements!
- How to register:
The Holiday Inn & Hotel Conference Center located at 700 S. Central Ave., Marshfield, is offering a double occupancy or one king room rate of $82/night (Wednesday and Thursday nights only). If staying, be sure to mention the “Marshfield Area Career Exploration” event when making reservations. Make your reservation early as there are only a limited number of rooms available. Contact the Holiday Inn at (715) 486-1500.
Contact Information: Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry 700 S. Central Ave. • Marshfield, WI 54449 email: firstname.lastname@example.org • fax: 715-387-8925