Marshfield is a remarkably connected center for transportation and logistics in Wisconsin, providing easy access to large markets and major travel arteries. The key Texas-to-Canada railroad line intersects here with routes to reach regional and national markets. Major highway transportation is conveniently available, evidenced by 15 motor freight carriers choosing to provide service here. The Marshfield Municipal Airport and nearby Central Wisconsin Airport round out our transportation offerings.
The Marshfield area has many community partners eager to offer assistance in growing, expanding or relocating businesses. We pride ourselves in having professional, knowledgeable staff that responds to your needs quickly and efficiently.
Quality of Life in Central Wisconsin
The Marshfield region has so much to offer. Learn more about life in Central Wisconsin:
- 2021 Marshfield Economic Profile
- Marshfield In Motion
- City of Marshfield Livability
- Wood County profile
- Marathon County profile
The City of Marshfield is located in the center of the state of Wisconsin where State Highways 97 and 13 intersect, and just north of the State Highway 13 and 10 intersection.
- U.S. Highway 10
- State Highway 13
- State Highway 97
- State Highway 29
- Interstate 39 (formerly Highway 51) 40 Miles east
- Interstate 90/94 60 Miles south/southwest
- Local Airport: Marshfield Municipal Airport offers a concrete, 5200 foot runway, aircraft maintenance, jet fuel, S.D.F. Landing System and charter service.
- Regional Airport: Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA) is located 35 miles from Marshfield in Mosinee, WI. CWA offers commercial service from Northwest / Mesaba, Air Wisconsin / United, and Midwest Connect / Skyway. Rental cars are available.
- Motor Freight Carriers – 15 area carriers with overnight service to Chicago, IL, and Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.
- Contract Haulers – Roehl Transport, de Boer, Inc., and Draxler Transport, Inc.
Express Package Service
- Federal Express
Wisconsin Central Railroad – Piggyback service available, Switching Service Daily
Greyhound Bus Line Shuttle and Bus Parcel Service
Limousine and Rental Car Services also available.
Waterways with Port Facilities
- Lake Michigan, Green Bay, WI 133 miles
- Mississippi River – La Crosse, WI 103 miles