The objective of the Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s Advocacy Focus Area is to serve as the voice and policy advocate of its business members. This objective is to be accomplished by informing and educating member businesses on local, state and federal legislative and regulatory issues impacting their businesses. Foster and maintain regular communications between government and business. When necessary take action to support pro-business policies and create a business friendly environment.
- Identify issues and maintain a legislative agenda to protect and promote business on a proactive basis.
- Monitor issues and influence policy makers at local, state and federal levels that impact the Marshfield area.
- Inform and educate Chamber members on issues at local, state and federal levels that impact the Marshfield area.
- Facilitate and encourage development of a regional legislative coalition for Central Wisconsin.
- Advocate for expanded communications services in the rural areas surrounding the Marshfield area.
- Advocate and support efficient and effective use of all area transportation.
- Promote and facilitate roundtable discussions for business members.
- Provide educational resources to assist in addressing issues of the business members.